For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What You'll Learn
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- Label terminology
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made