This is a repeating eventmarch 9, 2020 7:00 pm
WSET LEVEL 2 COURSE For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about
WSET LEVEL 2 COURSE
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided.
Dates: Monday evenings starting 2nd March over 8 sessions. (No session week commencing 30th March – I’m in Bordeaux).
This is an 8 session course, running in the evening from 7-9pm
Cost: £420 inc study packs, wines, glasses, tuition, exam
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What You’ll Learn
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- Label terminology
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
march 9, 2020 7:00 pmmarch 16, 2020 7:00 pmmarch 23, 2020 7:00 pmmarch 30, 2020 7:00 pmapril 6, 2020 7:00 pmapril 13, 2020 7:00 pmapril 20, 2020 7:00 pmapril 27, 2020 7:00 pm